Utilizing downtime will afford a husDOM many benefits in building and maintaining his relationship with his submissive. Downtime has proven to be one of the most effective resources for a husDOM.
- Downtime enhances communication by allowing your submissive to speak openly and honestly without fear of retribution. The submissive will speak respectfully to her Dominant and in an appropriate tone. The Dominant should listen carefully to her as she speaks and not interrupt or try and defend his position or actions. This is an excellent opportunity to grow as a Dominant, ask follow up questions and be sure that you fully and properly understand her input, it is invaluable.
- Downtime is a powerful reconnaissance tool that a Dominant can utilize after a scene or play to determine the submissive’s perspective regarding the activity.
- Downtime sets the submissive tone by the Dominant and the submissive’s physical posture. The Dominant should be in a sitting position with the submissive kneeling with her head in his lap. This position has the submissive in a vulnerable and submissive state creating a proper mindset.
- Downtime sets the Dominant tone by the Dominant and the submissive’s physical posture. The Dominant should be in a sitting position with the submissive kneeling with her head in his lap. This position has the Dominant in an authoritative position while he has his submissive kneeling before him on her knees. The Dominant can also run his fingers through the submssive’s hair and control the position of her head producing an extremely Dominant mindset.
- Downtime creates a Dominance and submission atmosphere Downtime when utilized as a regular ritual will aid in demonstrating the power exchange dynamic.
- Downtime keeps both the Dominant and the submissive engaged within the D/s lifestyle. The repetitive nature of a D/s-M ritual will testify to both parties commitment to the lifestyle.