Tagged: Traveling BDSM toys
- April 11, 2014 at 8:42 pm #3817
I have a couple questions for you all.
1) What do you do for storage of your toys at home? Currently I have multiple drawers filled with toys. There are other people(family/children) in the house and it would be very hard to explain the things in the drawers if for some reason they came across them. Since most of us seem to have children,I thought this might be a common issue.
2) Any suggestions on traveling with BDSM toys? My Darling and I are planning our wedding/honeymoon. We will be flying and I want to take as much of my toy box as I can. That could literally mean an entire suitcase just for toys. It is our honeymoon after all.
My Darlings Sir
- April 11, 2014 at 9:53 pm #3818
My Darlings Sir,
1- Toy Storage – I have not come to a good solution for myself yet. I began thinking way to small. I purchased a small safe that I slid under the bed. The toy collection outgrew the safe in approximately one week. Then we purchased decorative wicker trunk that I placed under our leather ottoman in our bedroom. The trunk has two functional pad locks that keep the contents private. The trunk was adequate for maybe six more months… Today the safe is full and the trunk is full as well. The overflow toy collection is packed away in a large sized carry on suitcase in our closet.
2- Traveling with BDSM toys… LK and I recently traveled to Las Vegas on a trip for our very first LK’s Warren gathering. While waiting in baggage claim we noticed a suitcase on the carousel that resembled ours except this bag had a broken zipper and the contents were not all in the suitcase. We planned on living it up in Vegas and had packed really light on the toys. We took the essentials, wand, cuffs, collars, leash, clamps and a few other various items… This happened to be not just our suitcase but THE suitcase… Our second bag didnt make it to our destination at all (it was a direct flight how does that happen) And the third bag with unimportant belongings was unscathed.
If I had it to do over again and for all future travel with any amount of toys that will be accompanying us on our trip I would simply ship them ahead to the hotel via UPS or FedEx.
Enjoy your honeymoon…
- April 12, 2014 at 4:08 pm #3862
An absolute travesty Sir!
- April 14, 2014 at 11:44 am #3879
I am sorry to hear about your loss. Damn dirty luggage thieves. I will be shipping the essentials ahead so that I do not suffer the same fate. I plan on taking much more than I can carry anyways.
Thank you for the information.
My Darlings Sir
- August 12, 2015 at 12:27 am #11938WifelloverParticipantPremium Content | Through the Eyes of a husDOM™
Are LKs warren trips an annual thing? We’re heading to Vegas at the end of the month…
- August 12, 2015 at 4:47 pm #11953
Yes we have had two Warren gatherings, both of them have taken place in Vegas. So far they have been quite a huge success. Last year we had over 20 members attend the gathering. lk is currently beginning to plan the 2016 event that as of our initial planing will once again be in Vegas.
We would love to see you there…
- April 11, 2014 at 10:52 pm #3829Loving LiegeParticipantBasic | Dominant
I’m sure this is a very common problem. We have a large wooden antique trunk at the foot of our bed which currently contains miscellaneous old stuff. We are going to discreetly repurpose it. We keep a blanket on it all the time so it won’t attract attention.
Travel, ouch Mr. Fox! I could see the need to ship ahead of time. However, I will most likely have my darling girl carry something on to the plane. Nothing that will humiliate her if they open her bag but something that she will feel naughty for carrying on board.
- April 11, 2014 at 11:02 pm #3833Mr. BParticipantPremium Content | Through the Eyes of a husDOM™
My Darlings Sir!
1) We keep the bulk of our toys in a nice size duffle bag with dual locks in our closet. We also just bought a Cleopatra chair for the foot of our bed that has hidden storage. And we keep the wand in a drawer by the bed cuz I use it for my back. (Wink wink)
2) When we travel, usually driving distances, we just bring the duffle bag with us plus a few extra in a suitcase. I don’t remember the last time we flew. But I would definitely take the advice from Mr. Fox since he just lived it.
Enjoy your honeymoon and be safe!
- April 12, 2014 at 1:03 am #3841Mr. CParticipantBasic | Dominant
At home we have some cabinets that are built into the wall that I installed some locks on. One is full height to it is great for hanging storage, the other three are shelved for ample toy storage. Plus always a couple of items in the night stand. It’s more the furniture and eyelets I am trying to hide now.
We have never flown with any toys, I would have probably just packed them into my suitcase until I read Mr. Fox’s story. Now I’ll either improvise or ship them.
The last time I flew into Vegas we were waiting at the carousel for our bags to come out, LC’s came out but mine was nowhere to be seen. Only a different bag was still going around, I scanned the terminal as best as I could and I noticed a familiar bag heading out the door with an older lady. I caught her before she got into her car and asked to see the bag….low and behold it was mine. Her bag was still going round and round on the carousel.
- April 12, 2014 at 4:07 pm #3861
We don’t have our toys locked but they are in some baskets on the top shelf of the closets. takara-chan has trouble reaching it, so we are not too worried about the children finding it; they also are not allowed to play in our room, so they are rarely in there without us. The ultimate plan would be to the have a dungeon, accessible through a hidden door in the library or trap door somewhere.
As far as traveling, we haven’t had any issues with packing toys in our check baggage. However, now that we have acquired some more expensive toys, I likely take those in a carry-on. Something like t’s favorite new vibe, plugs, etc would be obvious when they scan them, but do you really care? They are just sex toys after all, you aren’t planning on brining the plane under your Dominance. You could even make a game of it with your sub… If she is feeling uneasy about them in her bag, put them in yours.
The other traveling option might be to use travel friendly items. Some under the radar items could include: hair brush, wire hanger (a mean little substitute for a cain), tape, handy wrap, zip-ties, bandannas, lube (we usually but ours in the same ziplock as the rest of takara’s shampoos, lotions, etc), cheap collars (pet stores maybe), or cotton clothesline (vice the expensive natural jute).
- April 14, 2014 at 11:53 am #3880
Thank you for the replies. It is apparently a common problem. I have been doing some research and came up with a solution for myself. I am looking at armoires with locking double doors. I plan to hang things on the inside of the doors and use the shelves for laying toys out on display. It will just be another piece of bedroom furniture but with plenty of storage space.
My Darlings Sir
- April 14, 2014 at 3:05 pm #3884
A few years back I remember seeing some metal cabinets for garage organization/tool storage at the chain super hardware stores. It just occurred to me such a cabinet would be perfect for our bedroom/dungeon tools. Something with some black or gray diamond plate would nice.
- April 14, 2014 at 6:45 pm #3887Mr. MParticipantBasic | Dominant
I can’t give any advice concerning travel, but most of my toys are filed away.
We have a pair of file cabinets that live in our bedroom. One drawer actually holds paperwork. The remaining drawers are filled with more useful items. They are easily accessible, organized, and can be locked for safety.
Keeping them locked is valid, as we don’t want our paperwork out of order. Keeping them in our bedroom makes sense as the contents are important. And you can get some pretty nice looking cabinets if you look around (ours started out as matching multi-functional bed-side tables when we were first married).
- April 14, 2014 at 8:23 pm #3889Buck/AMBParticipantPremium Content | Through the Eyes of a husDOM™
LW and I don’t have any young ones at home anymore so we are a little more casual on how we house our toys. Some are in a cabinet we can lock if needed, some are in a closet, and some in a drawer under the bed. We are however running out of room, that seems to be a reoccurring problem here.
On our trip to Florida, some of the subs on LK’s chat challenged LW to take her plug on the plane. We only had carry on, so it went thru the security check with us. TSA see’s so many things I don’t think they really care about “toys” they may see. LW was nervous though.
One time before we went into a D/s lifestyle we went on a ski weekend and took some toys with us, while out on the slopes the came in and cleaned the room. After we came back in I noticed we had left some toys and ropes on top of our bags ( yes we were kinky before we went D/s). Nothing was said on the maids part and we made sure everything was put away the next day before we went skiing.
- October 28, 2018 at 2:27 pm #71659Sir OTW | AMBParticipantPremium Content | Through the Eyes of a husDOM™
We have 4 under bed drawers. I added a lock to one of them. This is our current you drawer. I am expecting to convert a second drawer soon.
- October 28, 2018 at 6:50 pm #71662
It looks like you have a nice assortment of toys in that drawer as well…
Thanks for sharing!
- October 28, 2018 at 11:42 pm #71663Deep_HorizonParticipantBasic | Dominant
I got a lockable tool chest from the local tool hardware store, installed padded tray liners to provide a little more of a sterile surface, plus it minimizes the sound of metal (D rings, locks, buckles) from clanging together and making noise while drawers and trays are opened and closed.
The entire unit locks with as single tumbler.
It is in the corner of our bedroom closet.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.