- March 13, 2018 at 9:33 am #70516havocblaidParticipant
So after our discussion on toys I was going through the forums and realized there was no real starter kit for all the people new to the dynamic. So I figured I would start one.
So please put down what you believe would be a good toy starter kit for someone just beginning their journey.
For me this would be the following-
Cuffs or restraints
And a flogger (if impact play is an interest at the time of course)
- March 13, 2018 at 2:14 pm #70518BearcatParticipant
Very nice topic
For me it was
rope (be cautious start small) hemp preferably if not be careful with cotton
- March 14, 2018 at 11:15 am #70521Mister.DParticipant
Definitely a great topic. Agree on not overwhelming too soon. For me:
A few 6′ soft ropes
Regular vibe (have since graduated to the wand)
Remote control vibrator
- March 14, 2018 at 1:51 pm #70523Bee KeeperParticipant
Great question. For me in the beginning it was
- March 14, 2018 at 3:36 pm #70524Silver FoxParticipant
All nice lists…I would add nipple clamps(even if they are just clothes pins)
- March 14, 2018 at 5:58 pm #70525Mr. Cain/AMBModerator
Not only is this a great topic, but it provides some very useful basics for new Doms trying to find their way. Buying quality toys can be expensive, especially when you are still testing likes and dislikes…it can be a challenge. Silver Fox’s suggestion about the clothes pins as nipple clamps is a perfect example of what V and I call “pervertables”. We used to make a day out of finding every day items that we could use in playtime. Some examples we used were:
1. My hand (always perfect for spanking)
2. Neck ties (for blindfold or restraint)
3. A small wooden or plastic cutting board (for impact)
4. A paddle ball paddle, minus the ball (for impact)
Don’t forget about atmosphere:
1. Candles to set the mood of the room (regular candles should only be for lighting, not skin as they can burn badly).
2. Music (to really set the mood you are looking for).
Although long since retired since V and I have moved on to having more quality equipment, I will show you guys some of our first “pervertables” that we had fun with in the beginning.
- December 23, 2018 at 8:35 am #71984MinosParticipant
We started out with a blindfold, several scarves, three differently-sized vibrators, and a flogger.
- December 24, 2018 at 2:03 pm #71990Sir OTW | AMBParticipant
We started out with several vibes, an underbed restraint system with velcro cuffs, and a blind fold…we now have started filling a second drawer with toys and have sex furniture in the closet lol.
- September 24, 2019 at 4:02 am #73915ComNParticipant
Tie(any simple bondage tool)
- October 6, 2019 at 10:59 pm #740191WickedLushParticipant
Heh, 20 some years ago, we started with a cock ring, polyester “silk” scarves, and a Hitachi.
- October 7, 2019 at 9:16 am #74020Sir HermosaParticipant
No matter how much rope, impact, toys etc we play with, one thing is Always there. Nearly every single time.
Get a very good quality set of cuffs and a matching collar. (And matching ball gag for us 😉 )
I have never regretted the money spent. We use them almost every day. And have since the day we got them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.